Teachers and students at Pacific Union use a Math and Reading program called i-Ready.
What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program that will help us determine your child’s strengths and areas for growth, personalize their learning, and monitor their progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows us to meet your child where they are and provides us with data to inform instruction.
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your child’s needs. Each item a student receives is based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier ones. The purpose of this is not to give your child a score or grade but to determine how to best support their learning.
i-Ready Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual strengths and areas for growth. These lessons are interactive and provide strategic supports to keep your child engaged as they learn.
What can I do to help?
To help prepare your child for the i-Ready Diagnostic, encourage them to:
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a full breakfast the day of the assessment.
- Try their best on each question and try not to rush.
- Try not to worry about questions they do not know—remind them that it is expected they will get only about half of the questions correct.
To support your child’s learning in Online Instruction, you can:
- Discuss your child’s progress on their i-Ready
- Celebrate your child’s learning and growth.
- Encourage them to use i-Ready at home.
Thank you for your continued support and for being a partner in your child’s learning! You can also learn more about i-Ready by visiting i-ReadyCentral.com/FamilyCenter.
In order to access i-Ready students must log in through https://clever.com/in/pacificunion.